Monday, December 11, 2006

10 December 2006 Mainly Roads

When I did this route last week the computer sensor slipped for a while and I had to estimate the distance.

I repeated the route today under similarly harsh conditions (except that I started out in the dark at 7am) and discovered it had only been 34km, not the 36 or so that I had rounded up anecdotally to "nearly 40km". So I felt I had to do the honourable thing and added on an extra loop (with a big long hill) to ensure I did a full 40km.

This is certainly the time to see deer - about 7 of them in 4 groups. Funny how they don't seem so threatened by a human on a bike and wait until you're pretty close before they move on. They're obviously very perceptive about my performance and worked out that it wasn't like I was going to catch them or anything.

40km, 2hrs 40min.

No comments: