Sunday, September 03, 2006

The First Big Step Forward

Things took a big step forward yesterday when I mooted the idea to my son Neal. It was he who first told me about the TransRockies and he who first talked about (him) doing it. Although we've referred to it several times it had kinda taken on a running joke quality and I wasn't at all sure how he would respond when i made a more serious suggestion.

I didn't doubt he would "fancy" it, but the practicalities of training, time, finance, where he's going to be in his life in 2, 3 or 4 years time had to be considered.

But he took it seriously and I reckon we're on. Prob looking at a 3 year program to allow us to get from here to there, but that's ok. Seems like a long time away, but it will allow us to ramp up our fitness and skills within the context of our rest-of-life commitments and make the finances easier. This time next year we'd want to have completed the whole Merida Marathon series of 100k events, the year after add in the Trans-Wales, and then 2009 will be TransRockies year.

No comments: