Thursday, January 04, 2007

3rd January 2007 Kinross the Long Way

It was my Mum's birthday today so I came up with the genius idea of takig her present by bike - and to avoid the main road by going round the north side of the Lomond hills to get to Kinross via Falkland and Strathmiglo.

Most of this was pleasant enough, except for the long, long climb from Strathmiglo round West Lomond. Did I mention it was long? And into a very, very strong wind with gusts that almost stopped me in my tracks if I was crawling up an especially steep bit.

So by the time I got to Kinross and refuelled on Xmas cake and black bun, I took the shorter but busier route back. Still very windy with a few decent climbs, so not a cop out by any stretch.

Longest distance I've done in a day, longest time in saddle, etc. Not sure how to factor in the break in the middle. Yes it was recovery time, but also seizing up time so it worked both for and against me.

Part 1: 29km, 2hrs 15min
Part 2: 19km, 1hr 30min
Total: 48km, 3hrs 45min.

No comments: